Friday, October 2, 2009

Waiting .......

We are still waiting for a court date and it seems that we could be waiting for quite a while longer. We received our referral on July 21. It is difficult to remain content when the process moved so quickly for families who received their referrals in the weeks and months before us. Tuesday marked 10 weeks waiting for a court date.

Several travelling families took pictures for us and it has been wonderful to have so many pictures to look at during this waiting time.
Hopefully we will get a court date as soon as the courts open on October 12th, if they open then. We are praying for the families who lost their October 5th court dates.

I spent this last weekend getting the room ready for our son. It was fun to get out all of our older's son's clothes out (he is 5). Does anyone have a good idea on how to figure out shoe size? I am thinking that I may just bring two or three different sizes with me to Ethiopia. Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Oh the waiting.....what a pain (to put it as nice as possible!) You can ask your caseworker to have the in country staff figure out foot size. Also, I had a traveling family do a tracing of Grace's foot for me which for one was so cool to see my daughter's foot tracing and two, helped me to determine shoe size.
    Hope that helps!
    Blessings,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like Kristy and had someone trace his foot for me. I will take that with me to purchase shoes. :) I may still buy 2 sizes and leave the ones that don't fit. We are really praying to get through once the courts open up and I would be happy to do that for you if we travel sooner than you.

    Waiting is hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been worried about the same thing!! So funny how mommies think alike...I probably need to purchase some new shoes..Baby B's feet look huge-
    Hope you get a court date SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had someone take a picture of E's foot next to a ruler. It worked out great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you get that new court date soon. Yes, it can be so hard when you see others go through the process more quickly. I can TOTALLY relate. We got our referral Aug. 14, 2008! Successful court FINALLY July 30, and we are still waiting to get our little one. Yes, these journeys are different for everyone, but I absolutely, completely believe that God uses these different twists to work things out in each of us for the BEST. For some, it may be a "quicker" journey on the front end, but honestly, I can say that I can understand why our process took the path it did. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed a faster process. :) I am just trusting that God needed to allow it to happen this way to prepare us and our little one for His best.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete